Help your child towards their first steps towards reading and writing:
Safeguarding and Online Safety:
UK Safer Internet Centre’s ‘Report Harmful Content’: https://reportharmfulcontent.com
National Crime Agency Child Exploitation and Online Protection Command (NCA-CEOP): www.ceop.police.uk/safety-centre
Information on healthy lunchboxes for children:
- Domestic Abuse Services: domesticabuseservices.org
- Victim Support: 0808 16 89 111 victimsupport.org.uk/help-and-support/get-help/supportline
- Look Ahead Care & Support – Service provider West Kent (Sevenoaks, Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge and Malling): lookahead.org.uk/
- Oasis Domestic Abuse service – Service provider, East Kent. (Thanet and Dover): oasisdaservice.org/home
- Clarion Housing Association – Service provider for North and South Kent
- North Kent: (Dartford & Gravesham, Swale and Maidstone) Clarion DA confidential Helpline: 07376 637069 (Mon-Fri 9am – 5pm)
- South Kent: (Ashford, Folkestone & Hythe and Canterbury) Rising Sun Domestic Abuse service helpline: 01227 452852 (Mon-Fri 9am – 5pm)
- National Women’s Aid Domestic Abuse 24hr helpline:0800 2000247
Impact of COVID-19 – Financial Support and Mental Health
Ready for Pregnancy
Kent Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust provides some useful information for those thinking about having a baby or who are already pregnant.
Safer Sleeping Week 15 to 21 March 2021
Partners in Kent are working together to promote Safer Sleeping Week in March. There is a range of information online to support families’ knowledge around safer sleeping for their babies including the Lullaby Trust and the NHS.
Bereavement Service for Children and Young People Bereaved by COVID-19
To support children and young people in Kent who experience complicated grief as a result of COVID-19 we have extended our children and young people’s counselling service to include bereavement support. This offer has been specifically tailored to the different circumstances that children now find themselves in and the provision will aim to reduce the long-term impact, particularly on emotional wellbeing and mental health, from this trauma event.
Who is the service for?
- The service is for 4 to 19-year-olds living in Kent who have lost a loved one to COVID-19. The virtual programme of bereavement support will include the provision of strategies and information for families or carers to help them support their grieving child.
- Children and young people’s common reactions to grief and loss can include anxiety, sleep difficulties, sadness and longing, anger and acting out behaviour, guilt, self-reproach and shame and school problems. Some children might show regressive behaviour, social isolation, fantasies, personality changes, pessimism about the future, preoccupation with cause and meaning, as a result of being bereaved.
How do I access the service?
- Referrals (including self-referrals) can be made via the Single Point of Access at the online portal at https://www.kentcht.nhs.uk/service/school-health/ or by calling 0800 0113 474. Please refer any child or young people that could benefit from the service.
For local support and services:-
Edenbridge Children’s Centre
Telephone: 03000 420995
The Tuesday Group
A coffee morning for parents and carers of pre-school children in and around Chiddingstone and nearby villages. Held fortnightly in St. Lukes’ Church Parish Room, Chiddingstone Causeway
For Support and Friendship for Families with children under 5. Can offer home visits to give practical and emotional support.
Telephone: 01892 524916
Edenbridge Health Visiting Team
Telephone: 01732 869825
Kent Children and Families Information Service
Telephone: 03000 41 23 23