In the event the Nursery needs to close due to bad weather, it will be posted on the website as soon as the decision is made. Please also listen to Heart (Invicta FM 103.1 or DAB), KMFM (96.2) or BBC Radio Kent (104.2 FM or DAB). Should Chiddingstone Primary School be listed in the school closures then please assume that Chiddingstone Nursery School will also be closed. The Cascade calling system will also be in place. The Nursery mobile number is 07818 929117.
May we remind you of the ways in which we communicate with parents in the event the Nursery closes due to severe weather, for example heavy snow. We always make every effort to open the Nursery and we would only close if it is no longer safe for staff or children. However if we have to close, we publicise this in several ways:
- An emergency news item on the Nursery website;
- Parentmail – texts and e-mails sent to all parents;
- Kent Closures website (www.kentclosures.co.uk);
- KMFM, BBC Radio Kent or Heart FM will also publicise closures.
On such occasions, please only telephone the Nursery Mobile in an emergency. Thank you.
Ways you can help:
- Children will need to have warm coats, hats and gloves as well as wellington boots (or similar) so that they can play outside – as we like to make the most of the snow.
- Please make sure that if you are working some distance from the Nursery, you have a back-up plan in place should we require to close early.
- Please access www.kent.gov.uk/winter for more information about gritting routes etc. so that you can plan.